Sunday, November 30, 2008

Brewing

It has been entirely too long since I brewed beer. I'm thinking that because of my lack of going to work on Fridays, I might spend Thursday night this week brewing a batch. Not entirely sure what kind of recipe I want to make, but I'll list out the ingredients I have on hand here so I can access the list at work tomorrow when I'm bored:

Malts:
34lbs Belgian 2-row
1lb Crystal 120L
5lbs Mild Malt
1lb Munich 9L
1lb Flaked Oats
1lb Roasted Barley
1lb Toasted Malt
1lb Vienna Malt
3lbs Wheat Malt

Hops: (all are pellets unless otherwise noted)
4oz Fuggles 4%AA
4oz East Kent Goldings 5.5%AA
2oz Hallertau (leaf) 4.8%AA
1oz Northern Brewer 6.7%AA
3oz Czech Saaz 4%AA
1oz Willamette 5.8%AA

Yeast: (all Wyeast liquid packs)
1056 American Ale
3724 Belgian Saison
1098 British Ale
1084 Irish Ale
1068 London ESB

I really need to get brewing again considering the chest freezer makes my tap system almost complete. Man, I need to keep kicking myself in the ass this week to make sure I maintain the motivation I have right now.

1 comment:

techcommdood said...

Looks like you have the ingredients for a nice amber in there.