Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Beer Recipe

I've decided on the recipe for this week's batch of beer. I am now planning on brewing Friday morning/afternoon before I hit the road.

The recipe is as follows:

6lbs Belgian 2-row
4lbs Mild Malt
0.5lbs Crystal 120L
0.5lbs Toasted Malt

1oz Kent Goldings (60 min)
0.5oz Fuggles (30 min)
0.5oz Fuggles (5 min)

Wyeast 1098 British Ale Yeast

It's a full boil, so I can use less hops which is nice. It should give me based on some simple calculations, a starting gravity of 1.060 and a 3:1 gravity:bitterness ratio. This should be amber-ish, with the follow up batch looking to be a bitter of some sort.

2 comments:

techcommdood said...

Ha! I knew it!

darknova306 said...

Yeah, I was kinda wanting to brew a stout, but decided that there wasn't enough roasted malts in my inventory (I like black patent in my stouts and I don't have any of that), so I went with my second choice.

Now I have to wake myself up tomorrow morning and get this brewed before I leave for Troy. I think I'll bring all the brewing stuff upstairs tonight so I can be ready to go tomorrow.