Saturday, November 8, 2008

Life

Wow, I haven't been this out of it since I lost the last bit interest I had in grad school. I've been without any serious interest in anything for months now, and it's really starting to bug me. My hobbies are currently boring and uninteresting or too much effort for me to care about. I haven't brewed beer since sometime in February or March, I haven't picked up my guitar since June, I haven't read much in the past month, and even going to the gym has become a sporadic event that I'm finding increasingly easy to justify not doing. It's the same story at work, too. I haven't actually cared about what I'm doing at work in a while to the point where it's a burden to sit at my desk and get things done. Now, I admit that this was a job I took simply because I was desperate and they were the first positive response with a good salary, but I was actually interested for quite a while. Who knows what happened. Is this what it means to be an adult in the working world? I find that hard to believe. I've been looking around in my area for other work that looks interesting, but the more I look the more discouraged I get. I really don't know what I would find interesting to do.

Whatever, I guess this post was mostly supposed to be cathartic, but it even failed at that. Even if I'm bored with everything I'm still paying down my debt really quickly, and that's what really matters... I guess.

Meh.

2 comments:

strayfarce said...

They're called boobies, friend. That'll keep you occupied for the next 40 years or so. lol.

Your presence was sorely missed at my birthday gathering at Mahar's! Did you hear Bill broke his leg? (Big Bill, not techcommdood).

darknova306 said...

Yeah, well that's what I get for not being in Troy anymore. Hope it was a fun night.

So Bill broke his let, eh? That sucks. Is he taking some time off from working the bar, or is he still there all the time?

And no, there really aren't any decent boobies in the Rochester area. There's always the internet, but still.