Friday, November 14, 2008

Hockey

A friend at work recruited me for a recreational adult floor hockey league he plays in. He and a bunch of other guys back in their Kodak days played in a league that was setup in the gyms at building 69 (I think it was 69, might have been building 1, I don't remember) about 10 years ago. They got their team back together in a small league that plays out west of the city. We play Wednesday nights.

I haven't played floor hockey since Junior year at RPI, when I was Delta Phi's goalie. The captain of this team is the goalie, so I have to play forward. That's been interesting. I still can't really shoot for shit, but I'm pretty mobile and have managed to setup some good shot opportunities. It was also quite the shock to my body. Waking up the day after it was rough, considering the gym was a lot bigger than I'm used to and I don't really have that much endurance for running.

No comments: