Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Update: Mocha Porter

The mocha porter is now in the secondary (after procrastinating for a week). The gravity is sitting at a nice 1.018, putting it a little over 7%ABV. The gravity sample tastes like a mix of dark roasted coffee, one of those 75% cocoa dark chocolate bars, and has a silky chocolaty body. This beer is still way young, but it's got some serious potential. I'm thinking I'll probably secondary it for about 2-3 weeks and see how it is then. Let me just say, I've surpassed all of my previous chocolate based beers with this one. Mmmm.

Three inches of trub at the bottom of the carboy! And it was thick, chocolaty stuff that took forever to get washed out.

1 comment:

techcommdood said...

Sounds delicious! I'm not surprised at the trub. It's all that chocolate powder!