Sunday, March 22, 2009

Fantasy Baseball

Yesterday was the live draft for the fantasy baseball league that Patrick runs. Last year I dug myself into a hole in June, but was able to claw my way back to third place. I wound up cruising through the playoffs and beat Meredith for the championship. That said, Meredith had a great first year of fantasy baseball. This will be my fourth year of fantasy baseball, and I've had a decent amount of success running two teams every year:
My team names are typically the Solar Flares and the Big Scary Animals.

2006
My first year saw the most success I've had so far. I made the championship round in both leagues. I won one of them and lost the other.
Solar Flares: 2nd place
Big Scary Animals: 1st place

2007
Not as much success my second year. This year's results were entirely based on one pair of moves I made. One was brilliant and the other was absolutely moronic, while both involved the same player. I dropped Gary Sheffield from one team when he couldn't hit anything for two months (he was promptly picked up by someone else). I picked him up with my other team when I realized he was back on track. Suffice to say, that move made one season and broke the other.
Solar Flares: 1st place
Big Scary Animals: 7th place

2008
Both of my teams this past year went un-managed for the month of June due to no internet at the new apartment and way too much going on in and out of work. Oh well.
Solar Flares: 1st place
Big Scary Animals: 5th place

I'm not sure if I'm going to run two teams this year or not. One team was drafted yesterday. We'll see. I may join a public league and try to dominate a bunch of random idiots. :p

No comments: