Thursday, February 12, 2009

Update: Chocolate Porter

I'm going to refer to this one as just a chocolate porter until I taste it and see how well the coffee came through.

So, the fermentation was really vigorous on this beer starting about an hour after pitching and lasting two solid days. It was tailing off on Tuesday and looked to be pretty minimal this morning. If I don't have to work really late, I intend to take a gravity sample tonight to see where it stands. Here's hoping nothing got seriously messed up (i.e. infected) along the way. Also hoping that it attenuates enough to get under 1.020.

2 comments:

techcommdood said...

Hey now, if it's got coffee in it then you can't ignore that most important adjunct! ;)

darknova306 said...

Yeah yeah, I know. I still don't know if I used enough coffee, but I'll find out tonight.