Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Weekends and gaming

First, yes I know it's not kosher to blog at work, but I just moved a blackbody all over the damn building, so I'm tired.

This past weekend I hopped in the car and headed to Waltham, an area a bit West of Boston, for a party. Matt, one of my friends from the undergrad days when he lived with me and Curly in Colvin 55, was having his annual Rock Band party. That involved a lot of driving in the rain on Saturday, but it was worth it in the end. I found out that I'm better on guitar than I give myself credit for, and that Visions really is a stupid song. My costume for the party involved shaving part of the goatee, which was unfortunate. The worst part was that it didn't look good for normal life, so I had to shave the whole thing off before coming into work yesterday. So now I'm slowly growing it all back in. I already have a solid outline of the goatee, so it shouldn't take more than 4 or 5 days to have back to a respectable length.

Also, a pair of jackasses here at work finally got me to break down and buy Halo 3. Wow, you have to love spending $50 on a used game (sigh). It's been a looooong time since I've done the first person shooter thing, so this is really taking a lot to get used to. Especially using the right analog stick for aiming. I'm through the first mission in the campaign and think I'm starting to get the hang of things, though I really need to learn the weapons. I played a couple games online last night with people from work and got my ass raped! I held my own at times, so things look good as long as I get enough practice.

3 comments:

techcommdood said...

Yeah, Halo 3 is another one I need to get. Too many friggin' games on my list. But I'm finding that I have waning interest for any game that doesn't have good online AND offline playability.

More Burnout and Rock Band soon? ;)

strayfarce said...

I could never get off the damn ship.

My friend Xtine (did you meet her?)is bringing her 360 when she moves in with me in December. Think maybe we can schedule gaming times with the both of you?

darknova306 said...

Bill: If you're up for playing at any point, send me a text. If I'm able to play I'll jump on.

Tracy: Absolutely. If you're on the 360 and see me online, send me a message and we can play something.