Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Halloween costumes

I have two Halloween parties to attend this weekend, one on Friday and the other on Saturday. I'm trying to get costume ideas, and I think I've got it! The only problem with it is that it could offend a lot of people. Would that be wrong, or should I continue my mantra of "if you're offended it's your fault for being so easily offended"?
Idea:
The Nocturnal Abortion

Background:
It's a combination of a supervillain from a webcomic a few years back and an idea someone had at the party this past weekend in Waltham. His idea was to take his pregnant wife with him and dress himself as a doctor with a coat hangar around his neck (with a fake fetus on the end, of course).

So, yeah, my idea is sort of a variant on all of it. It involves a bloody hook for the left hand, a surgeon's robe painted black with a red cape, a dust mask with some blood on it, and fake blood all over the hook and left forearm. There would also, most likely, be a fake fetus on the end of the hook.

Question: Too much?

5 comments:

techcommdood said...

Just right for the company party. ROFL!!! Dude, it all comes down to audience. Might be a bit much in some settings, but you need to gauge the crowd. I had a Halloween party many years back (when I was in CT) and Nathalie came - 3rd trimester - wearing a bloody t-shirt with a fork sticking out of her very round belly. It's all in the audience.

strayfarce said...

That's about as bad as that "kitty litter cake" I made for a law firm halloween party. Most people loved it but one shareholder got pissed off so I got written up for inappropriate behavior. So yeah, depends on the audience.

Also got written up once for answering my office phone "Den of Iniquity"

heh....good times. :)

darknova306 said...

Yeah, I meant to ask Angela and Seth who's coming to their respective parties. Angela's party will be almost all people that I know, so I think I'm alright there. I probably won't know many people at Seth's party, but I KNOW he'll appreciate the costume (as would his fiance).

God this is going to be fun.

Anonymous said...

Halloween has put up a lasting impression on people with infusing newer and greater ideas for the past few years.

darknova306 said...

Wow, spam from a coupon website. Guess it's time to start moderating my comments. Sigh.