Monday, May 18, 2009

Homebrew Updates

I've had the Mocha Porter (brewed on: 02/08/09) kegged and on tap for a while now, and it's absolutely delicious. I really don't think that tasting it from a growler after I've hauled it across NY to Albany really does it justice (*cough* Bill and Dave get your asses out here *cough*). It's nice and smooth right now. I'd love to buy a beer gun sometime so I could fill some bottles and send it to a competition or two to get some (professional) feedback.

The Belgian-style Dubbel I brewed on 03/14/09 has been kegged and carbonating for over a week. Something about my Belgian Dubbels seems to always be off, so my expectations for this batch aren't the normal expectations I have for a batch: I just want it to not be weird. Probably just need to start doing better yeast management, but we'll see how this one came out before making a judgment.

And in one bit of sad news... I kicked the keg of Brown Porter last week. That was a delicious session beer. I need to make something to replace it soon. Thinking a mild ale, but I need to do some more research on it first.

No comments: