Monday, August 4, 2008

Need a vacation from my free time

I spent this past weekend in Ithaca helping my parents put in new cabinets in the kitchen. The kitchen was gutted and there was an addition put on the house from the kitchen outward. That put me away from Rochester for yet another weekend this summer. All this traveling is starting to take a serious toll on me, and I really just need to start sleeping well again. I'll be doing a Benadryl reset on body tonight (2 Benadryls before bed to knock me the fuck out). Granted, 2 Benadryls don't typically knock me out all that effectively, but I don't want to go overboard tonight and risk sleeping through the alarm. I'll be able to stay in town this weekend (and drink with Swilly, woot!), but I have to go back the weekend after to Ithaca to put the tiles in the kitchen and the hardwood in the addition. I think I'm slapping a moratorium on travel for a couple weeks after that just so I can recoup some sleep and finally get out to explore Fairport a bit more for once.

Tomorrow night will be fun, though, as Meredith will be in town on business and we'll be hitting up a Rochester Red Wings game at Frontier Field. Hurray for triple-A baseball, instead of the rookie ball Valley Cats. :p Michael Cuddyer will be on the roster, as he's rehabbing from an injury. He's an infielder the Twins have used the past few years, but he's injured most of this year.

No comments: