Thursday, August 28, 2008

It's the most stressful time of the year

The final five weeks of the regular season are the most difficult to get through when the Mets are actually decent enough to have a chance at the postseason. They just split an important pair of games with the Phillies. I was busy doing other things, so I couldn't watch the games, but my mind was constantly on them. Especially given the magnificent choke-job they pulled out at the end of last season, the end of this season is going to be one of the most stressful I've ever experienced. I think it may even top the end of the '99 season where they made that amazing last minute push to tie the Reds for the wild card slot, going on to beat Cincinnati in that one game playoff.

The Mets start a series tomorrow in Florida against another team trying to hang onto the chance of a postseason birth.

No comments: